Bitoy's World | A GMA Network 90s Educational Show Retrospective

Bitoy's World was a Filipino educational comedy show hosted by Michael V. playing as Etoy, Betong and Bebang featuring clips from Ripley's Believe It or Not. The show replaced Bitoy's Adventures in Bilibkaba? in 1997-1998 which also replaced Bilibitornot (1996-1998) which are all hosted by Michael V. using clips from the documentary television series Ripley's Believe It or Not. Bitoy's World aired every Sunday night from 1998 to 2001 in GMA Network. Let's go down memory lane and remember what this GMA Network infotainment program was like.

Bitoy's World GMA Network 1998 - 2001 Retro Pilipinas Feature

Bitoy's World - The Show
About Bitoy's World

GMA Network's Bitoy's World is just a variation of Bitoy's Adventures in Bilibkaba? and Bilibitornot with one change in particular, its hosts. Besides the weird and informative clips from Ripley's Believe It or Not, it also focused on the weird relationship of its hosts, the sibling Betong and Bebang, with their bullied neighbor ("friend"), Etoy.

Michael V in Bitoy's World 1998 - 2001 GMA Network

Michael V. plays all three parts in a green screen to give the effect that the three characters are all together in one screen, interacting. The show usually feature Bebabng or Betong bullying Etoy reminiscent of Looney Toons cartoons' Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner.

Bitoy's World - Opening Theme Lyrics
Bitoy's World Intro Lyrics

Ahoy! Ahoy!
Meron akong balita
Meron kaming show at kaming dalawa ang bida
Para sa bagets
at para sa gurang
Si Betong, Si Etoy
at ako si Bebang

Beh Baby,
Beh beh beh beh Baby
Beh Baby,
Beh beh beh beh Baby

Si Betong, Si Etoy
at ako si Bebang.

Bitoy's World Michael V as Bebang



Making this post is really challenging especially as I had a hard time finding clips or even photos of Bitoy's World. Luckily I found this pic of the three host of Bitoy's World together with Director Uro dela Cruz in Flickr. This made me realize the importance and why I made Retro Pilipinas blog. It is to scour the internet for any materials of the show that I grew up with. Well, it is much easier for me to archive some of the international shows shown in our country because some of these shows have either dedicated sites created by fans or enough materials have written about them. So when I was looking for Bitoy's World, I usually ended up with nothing. But the memories of the Bitoy's World are still here. The show was so fascinating back when I was still in high school which made me decide to make three characters out of my main character in my notebook log. The show was that hilarious and influential to me back then. Too bad I didn't have any more materials to share it with you guys. So if ever you have one, you can share it here.

Bitoy's World Michael V as betong, Etoy and Bebang with Director Uro dela Cruz

How about you guys, what's your fondest memory of Bitoy's World? Any particular memorable story, memorabilia, moments, or characters of the show that you want to share? Share them along with your thoughts about Bitoy's World in the comments section below:

5 comments:

  1. Nostalgic. Bebang crossed my mind randomly and here I am... Commenting. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom told me I was so fond of this show as a kid so eventually, they changed my nickname into bebang HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best episode for me is his version of Voltes V...Bebang as Jamie Robinson.������

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meron na pong full episodes!! Sa youlol po!

    ReplyDelete